2023 TriPride Parade and Festival: What You Need to Know
The TriPride Festival is back, and it’s going to be better than ever! With past festivals drawing upwards of 13,000 attendees, you’re in for a memorable experience. As we gear up for this fantastic celebration of love, unity, and diversity, here’s everything you need to know about what promises to be an unforgettable event.
Special thanks to Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Bristol for sponsoring the parade, and Eastman for sponsoring the festival.
How to Attend TriPride
Location: Founder’s Park, Johnson City, TN
Parade time and route: 11:00 a.m., leading the way to the festival grounds at Founders Park and Pavilion
Festival time: starting immediately following the parade, at around 12:00 p.m.
Cost: This is a FREE event, however you will need a ticket to enter. Tickets will be available online and at security gates on the event day. For fastest entry, we recommend reserving tickets in advance. Get tickets here
Age groups: The parade and festival are open to all ages.
Be sure to tag us in your pictures on social media with #tripride2023 throughout the weekend!
What to Expect
Parade: The heart and soul of the TriPride Festival is undoubtedly our colorful and vibrant parade. Featuring an array of brilliantly decorated floats, passionate marchers, and enthusiastic supporters, the parade is a breathtaking spectacle that celebrates unity, diversity, and love.
Entertainment: Prepare to be entertained from start to finish with an incredible lineup of live performances, featuring our headliner, Eureka! Our stage hosts a variety of talented artists, and entertainers who will keep the energy high and the celebration going all day long.
Community Vendors: Explore a diverse range of community vendors offering everything from unique handmade crafts to LGBTQ+ pride merchandise. It’s a fantastic opportunity to discover local talent, support LGBTQ+ businesses, and find one-of-a-kind treasures.
Food Trucks: Satisfy your taste buds with an array of delectable offerings from our fantastic food trucks. From savory to sweet, there’s a mouthwatering option for every craving.
Refillable Water Station: Stay refreshed and hydrated throughout the festival at our convenient refillable water station. Bring your empty, sustainable water bottle for free refills, or if you prefer, reusable water bottles will also be available for purchase. It’s our way of ensuring you have access to clean, refreshing hydration while reducing waste.
Kids Zone: We’ve created a special space just for our younger attendees! The Kids Zone includes fun and educational activities to keep the little ones entertained.
Decompression Area: Need a break from the excitement? Our Decompression Area is the perfect spot to recharge and relax. Take a moment to unwind and connect with fellow festival-goers in a peaceful environment.
Health Services Information and Testing: Your health matters to us. That’s why we provide access to valuable health information and testing services. Learn about LGBTQ+ healthcare resources and get informed about essential health topics. You can also take advantage of onsite testing for your convenience.
These featured sections are just a taste of what you can expect at the 2023 TriPride Parade and Festival. Whether you’re looking for unique finds, family-friendly activities, a place to unwind, essential health services, a dazzling parade, or top-notch entertainment, we have something special in store for everyone. We can’t wait to share this unforgettable day of love and pride with you! 🌈
Expectations for Attendees
Be kind and respectful: At TriPride, we’re all about creating a joyful, inclusive atmosphere for everyone. While we aim for a fun and carefree day, we understand that passions can run high, especially under the summer sun. We kindly request that all attendees conduct themselves respectfully. In the event of disagreements or conflicts, our organizers and security partners are here to ensure a peaceful experience for all.
Dress appropriately: Remember that this is an all-ages event. Swimwear or underwear on the lower half of the body is not sufficient attire. Shorts, skirts, or similar clothing are required.
Please leave pets at home: The only exception is for service animals, which are allowed to join you.
Ignore protesters: Please refrain from engaging with protestors – this day is all about you, your friends, and your family. If anyone’s actions cause disruptions or pose security concerns, they may be asked to leave the event.
Most importantly: we want you to have a fantastic, safe, and unforgettable time!
Your safety is our top priority, which is why we’re implementing security measures akin to those at concert venues.
- Expect to pass through metal detectors at the entrance gates.
- For everyone’s safety, weapons of any kind, glass bottles, and outside food and drink are prohibited. However, medical, childcare, and personal snacks are allowed.
- Feel free to bring empty, sustainable water bottles – we’ll provide free, portable water, and reusable water bottles will be available for purchase.
- Clear backpacks are acceptable (subject to search), but large backpacks or totes are not allowed.
- Only clear backpacks, clutches, and purses will be permitted on festival grounds. Medical bags, childcare bags, strollers, and folding chairs in bags are welcome but may be subject to inspection.
- We also ask that you refrain from bringing items that could be used as weapons or devices that could disrupt the event.
- Please avoid masks not used for health or religious purposes, as well as torches, fireworks, and similar items.
- Aerosols, toy or replica weapons, laser pointers, and other potentially disruptive devices are not permitted.
- Animals (excluding service animals), missiles, noisemakers, and oversized signs are also on the list of prohibited items.
- Bicycles, skateboards, and scooters are not allowed, and other items that may pose safety hazards could be subject to restrictions.
These security measures may seem extensive, but they are in place to ensure your safety and the overall success of the event. We hope you understand and appreciate the precautions we’re taking to make this a day to remember.
We can’t wait to celebrate with you and make this year’s TriPride Festival an incredible experience for all! See you there! 🌈